Why use a Regulator Bypass System?
There are several important reasons why a bypass system should be used on high performance fuel systems:
- Bypass systems allow for a constant flow of fuel throughout the entire fuel system, making the pump and regulator(s) more responsive to the demands of the carburetor(s) and engine.
- They help maintain carb bowl pressure to within 1/2 lb.
- They reduce pressure spiking and system pulsation.
- Cool fuel is continuously circulated from the cell or tank to the engine.
- Installing a bypass system enables regulator and fuel pump pressure adjustments while the engine is not running.